Diabetes/Obesity Global Diabetes/Obesity Intelligence Center
Diabetes is a chronic and life-threatening disease that affects the body’s ability to produce insulin and properly manage glucose levels in the blood and cells. Insulin is a hormone that regulates metabolic substrate utilization and promotes the cellular uptake and conversion of sugars and starches into biochemical energy. The cause of diabetes is not fully understood, although genetics and environmental factors such as obesity and physical inactivity appear to play roles. If left untreated, diabetes can result in organ damage involving the nervous system, kidneys, eyes, immune system, and cardiovascular system.
Ninety to ninety-five percent of diabetics have type 2 (T2DM), a condition in which cells fail to respond. Five to ten percent of diabetics have type 1 diabetes, which is a state of absolute insulin deficiency stemming from autoimmune destruction of the insulin-producing beta-cells in the pancreas.
Why should I register ?
Once you register for a free online demo,
- We would provide a guided tour to help you understand our offerings in detail
- You get a look and feel of our offerings even before you actually pay and subscribe with us
- Post demo once you confirm your interest & make payment accordingly, we initiate your annual subscription access
- As you are already registered with us we generate your personalized login credentials and share with you
- The personalized login credentials allow you to access our exclusive insightful intelligence and comprehensive analytical reports for one or multiple years