Animal Health Global Animal Health Intelligence Center
Companion Animals are primarily dogs, cats, but also horses. The Companion Animal segment (about 40% of market) is supported by rising pet ownership and pet spending, favorable reimbursement, and less stringent regulatory dynamics. The segment is poised for an influx of a number of new drugs over the next several years.
Production (livestock) is the larger (60%) and more mature segment of the Animal Health market, with cattle (beef and dairy), poultry, swine, sheep, and aquaculture (farmed fish) among others. Demand for affordable, safe protein is the key driver for the market. Emerging markets provide the largest opportunities
Anti-parasitic agents and vaccines remain the largest therapeutic categories in Animal Health followed by Anti-infectives, Medicated Feed Additives and “Other”. The Others category includes specialty drugs such as reproductive agents used in Production animals (especially cattle), osteoarthritis & pain medications, cancer agents, and medications for ailments such as allergy, dermatitis & arthritis. The “Other” segment is expected to drive the strongest growth as many new drugs (particularly on the Companion side) are expected to enter the market over the next few years as an increasing number of human drugs are adapted for animal use.
Please Select the product
Why should I register ?
Once you register for a free online demo,
- We would provide a guided tour to help you understand our offerings in detail
- You get a look and feel of our offerings even before you actually pay and subscribe with us
- Post demo once you confirm your interest & make payment accordingly, we initiate your annual subscription access
- As you are already registered with us we generate your personalized login credentials and share with you
- The personalized login credentials allow you to access our exclusive insightful intelligence and comprehensive analytical reports for one or multiple years